It sucks to be ME

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

booo...

Halloween came and went without any fanfare for me this year. I didn’t do my usual month long mental-wringing of what I should dress up as this year, how unique I can make my costume, how clever I will be/look/feel. I realize now that there were two big reasons to explain my lack of enthusiasm for my most favorite holiday of the year.

1 – it’s only been about 6 weeks after my breakup and I’ve been too down to come up with a clever costume during those weeks. The right side of my brain was definitely lacking synapses or whatever it is that powers creativity.
2 – school. weekly quizzes in anatomy, biweekly quizzes in fundamentals of CM and then full blown midterms right before the holiday took a toll on me as well. I actually spent time at the library! After all that time studying, I was too exhausted to worry about silly little Halloween.

My feeble attempt at a last minute costume over the weekend was ‘the black dahlia’. Nobody knew who I was. It didn’t matter though. I didn’t expect any kind of reaction from throwing an outfit together in 10 minutes. Though to be honest, I did have good fun at the bar with my friends, doin’ a little dancin’, a little boozin’, and some smillin’.

But as I was walking home from work last night (yes, WALKING in my BOOTS b/c I had forgotten that the W4th station entrance was closed due to the Halloween parade up 6th ave, I had to walk from the West Village all the way to my apt on Allen…. a very LONG time when wearing boots with HEELS), seeing all the people around me in full-on costumes and festive fun, I felt lame and that I was missing out on something that I truly used to enjoy. So at that moment, I vowed to myself….. I will ROCK next year’s Halloween.

Anyone have any good ideas for costumes next year? I might as well get a head start….


Looking back… how did I go from this level of detail and effort….









To this mediocrity????

well, at least my friends were into it more than me and had better costumes...


2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home