It sucks to be ME

Monday, October 16, 2006

broken hearts club

Something is in the air… or in the drinking water. It could be the changing of the seasons. The heat of summer love is fading. Seems that most people I know are going through some romantic hurdles lately. And not just people near me in the vicinity of ny, even friends that are 3000 miles away in ca are hitting rough patches with their love interests. Which is sad since these aren’t the types of situations you want to find yourself in. Any upside to all this sadness? They say misery loves company so at least we’re not all alone in our most pathetic and depressing emotional states. Friends are wonderfully supportive and attentive through these painful times. One even pointed out that there are exactly 27 people out there across the world that can be ‘The One’. So there’s hope (I just need to travel more to find him)!! Plus we have other newly single friends to hang out with again. no one is shacked up at home cuddling with their significant other on the couch watching their netflix dvds. everyone is back out at night crowding the bars, drowning our sorrows away en masse. I don’t think we’re really out to hook up or pick up with random strangers… more for the company of others that are aware of your desperate situation and acknowledge it with an understanding nod of ‘yah, I feel ya, I’m there too’.

This past weekend was an impromptu gathering of the broken hearts club. I didn’t realize it until I glanced around at the bar and found that a good number of friends were within weeks of a recent breakup, myself included. Some dumpers, some dumpees. A good mix. Trading stories of good times and bad, well....mostly bad. Although it’s terrible to have to go through a breakup and to have your friends in the same predicament, it’s also comforting to know that you’re not the only one that’s having a bad day/week/month/year(s).

*the photo above is from supercapacity's page on flickr, taken w/o permission, but felt that it was very relevant to my post.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:50 PM, Blogger j0mammma said…

    that picture totally fits. just remember to pick up your phone when mom calls to check in! i'm always here - you just have to remember that. *muah*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home