It sucks to be ME

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

addicted to my horoscope



I’ve become obsessed with… my horoscope! When did this happen? Why would I let myself (rational, logical, practical, aka boring) believe that star-sky-moon-sun-planet sign crap? not sure exactly when it started. I think sometime last year. Was chatting with hosanna on the phone about something and he mentioned how he reads his horoscope religiously and actually believes in what the universe has to say. I said whatever. Total bullhonky. But look at me now… almost a year later… walking up the W. 4th subway stairs on my way to work, anticipating the daily metro and amnewyork papers to be handed to me faithfully by the cheery ‘paper people’ at the top of the stairs. Quickly stuffing the papers into my bag as I scurry the few blocks to work. Pulling them out as soon as I get in the vicinity of my desk. Flipping through the nonsense until I hit upon the pages containing sudoku, the crossword puzzle… and my beloved horoscope. Scroll down until I see ‘Taurus’. Read the one vague and ambiguous sentence and somehow make it fit into my own life… “A-Ha! Of course I wanted to do such and such today…. Of course I should be focusing on this and that….. OF COURSE!!!!”

Exhale…. I can now get on with my day fully prepared with the insight that my horoscope has provided me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home