It sucks to be ME

Friday, July 08, 2005

Chipotle again?


So yesterday and today, I went to Chipotle for lunch. Yes, 2 days in a row. I only went again today since my coworkers were walking there and I had no clue what to eat for lunch anyway, so I tagged along. I got my tried and true burrito bol. But since I'm vegetarian for the month (lacto-ovo-vegetarian), I got the veggie bol instead of my favorite, the Carnitas bol.

I'm a big fan of Chipotle. Granted its not authentic Mexican food like my East Bay Berkeley favorite Juan's Place (they have the best chicken mole!), they still manage to make a damn good burrito (bol). So after lunch, I came back to my desk, stuffed full of lettuce, fajita veggies, salsa, corn, guac, sour cream and cheese, I decided to find out more about Chipotle and do some 'research' on the net instead of working on my selling meeting analyses.

I'm fascinated.

I was pleasantly surprised to find out that Chipotle uses Niman Ranch pork to make their carnitas. That's awesome because those Iowa pigs are fed natural grains and grass instead of meat by-products, aren't given growth hormones, and get to run around to their piggy hearts' content on the farm (instead of being confined to cramped quarters) before they're slaughtered for consumption. If I were to be reincarnated in my next life, I choose to be a pig at Niman Ranch. Animal husbandry at its best.

Further along in my 'research', I found a site that contained a nutrition calculator for the menu items at Chipotle!!! How awesome is that? So my burrito bol was approx 630 calories. That's fine with me, I'll just eat a light dinner tonight. The thing that got me was the sodium content... 2,320 mg. That's alot, right???? Here comes the water rentention....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home